"STITCHING MENDS MY SOUL"

Sunday, February 15, 2015

IN CLASS WITH MARK LUPINSKI

What a fun day I had yesterday!  I took Mark Lupinski's Throw Me a Curve Class.  Our venue was the beautiful classroom at Wandering Stitches, one of my favorite LQSs.  They are near the Orlando Airport and a must see for quilting tourists.

In the morning we all made the same blocks, yes even curves.  With Mark's easy method we ALL were successful with no pins, no glue.  Just do it!

In the afternoon we played with various layouts for the blocks.  Fun, fun!  I'll let the pics speak for themselves.






Classes at Wandering Stitches always include coffee and donuts, as well as a lovely lunch!


Here's Mark working on my layout.  Wandering Stitches has these super design walls all around the room.























One Gal being crowned Queen of Curves!  She finished first and won a Side Winder.

We all received a set of Aurifil thread in varying weights to try out.

Mark is just getting back in the swing of things following a kidney transplant.  I'm so happy to have had this chance to play with him!

4 comments:

Terry said...

Looks like you had a great time...Fun stuff :)

Marianne said...

Looks like a lot of fun. i used to love Mark's magazine!

Calicojoan said...

What a fun time I'm sure you had. Love the different blocks and colors everyone did. It's great to see Mark back in action.

Jacqui S. said...

Hello, I am visiting from the DJ List.
What a lovely blog you have, you are making such wonderful things. Thank you for showing them.