"STITCHING MENDS MY SOUL"

Saturday, June 29, 2013

QUILTING WITH A FRIEND


My friend, Carol, came to visit for a few days.  While she was here we decided to work on our Piecemakers' quilts.  Every year Piecemakers comes out with a calendar and quilt pattern for it.  They are rather daunting art quilts, way out of my norm. 
 
When the ocean quilt "Exploring Other Worlds" came out last year as the 2013 quilt, I knew I wanted to make it.  I started collecting fabrics, trims, etc.  So when Carol was here, it was time to get started on this ginormous project.
 

Here you can see my start, and Carol tracing patterns for the applique in the background.


And here's Carol, holding up her progress so far.  We are working in my very messy creative studio.  It's small but works well for me.

Stitching with a friend is always more fun!

3 comments:

Wacky Woman said...

Doesn't look so small to me. Looks like you are having fun!

Raewyn said...

Wow, this will be a stunner when it is done! How cool to be doing it together.

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Oh, Pat. This quilt is fabulous!! I love working on projects with friends. It's just the best.
Have a great holiday week, my friend.
xo
Donna