"STITCHING MENDS MY SOUL"

Sunday, May 19, 2013

NEG PROGRESS

My Never Ending Granny has grown.

 
 
I want to thank Cyn Forrest, of Cyn:-}'s Quilted Travels, for her tip to keep the yarns from tangling.  At first, on the small afghan, I had no trouble using the directions as on the U-tube.  But as it gets larger, it's harder to use the steering wheel analogy.  Cyn's tip is to crochet across one side at a time, with all five yarns.  This makes it much simpler to keep the yarns untangled.  Thanks, Cyn!

4 comments:

LuAnn said...

Your afghan looks great and I agree Cyn's tip for keeping the skeins straight is wonderful. If you look at my crochet blog post you will see my afghan so far. After seeing yours I'm sure I didn't start mine right so I'll tear it out and start over. I love that Cyn always finds these neat projects and shares them with us.

Marianne said...

Love your granny! I have been thinking for some time about making a giant log cabin, just going around and around a center square. Hmmm...

Raewyn said...

Love it! What a great idea to crochet along the side in a group like that! I have been seeing lots of crochet projects in blogland lately and am getting the urge to start one myself!

Cyn said...

Wow, Pat, you have made loads of progress on your NEG! It looks wonderful. Glad you like my little 'no tangle' tip.
Crochet is fun, but more fun with friends!!