"STITCHING MENDS MY SOUL"

Monday, March 11, 2013

FARMHOUSE QUILT

This is my last post from the quilt show.  Here's an entry using Edyta Sitar's Farmhouse pattern.

 
This quilt is most definitely on my bucket list.  I love how Edyta combines batiks and other fabrics in the same quilt. 
 
 
Notice the blue ribbon?  There were three of Edyta's designs in our show, and all three were sporting ribbons.
 
 
Here's a close up of the lovely quilting.
 
 
I am in a swap group trading strips for this quilt.  Of course you can make whatever you want with the strips, but this is the intent.  This year we are working on a swap for her Spools quilt.
 
 
If you are unfamiliar with Edyta Sitar, or her company Laundry Basket Quilts, do check her out.  She grew up in Poland and currently lives in Albion, Michigan.  Since I'm half Polish, and grew up just down I-94 from Albion, maybe that's part of why I identify with her.  But I thinks it's her lovely quilt designs and use of fabric that calls to me mainly.

3 comments:

Snippets of Carol said...

Lovely stitching. You need another project to do on our sewing weekends.

Wacky Woman said...

The Farmhouse quilt is what my day time quilt guild made for this year's opportunity quilt. Love it!

Raewyn said...

I've just had a catch up read of your show posts - aren't they all lovely? I'm not surprised 3 of Edyta's quilts won ribbons! I bet you are excited about making this quilt of hers too...it is on my wish list as well. I gaze at the pattern often!