"STITCHING MENDS MY SOUL"

Monday, August 6, 2012

"MUST HAVE" MOCCASINS

When my daughter was in boarding school and college, I often visited her for a 'mom and me' weekend filled with girl stuff.  We generally bought and wore matching pajamas.  Now that she's all grown up, we decided to revive the tradition while she was visiting us in Upper Michigan.  We got matching Minnetonka moccasins; this time slippers with a very cozy fleece lining.

Minnetonkas are a 'must' souvenir when vising northern Michigan.  I always got them, and an Indian doll (that's what they were, and are still, called -- not native American) when my family traveled "up north" when I was a kid.  Her 4 kiddos all got slippers too this year.  Two got Minnetonkas, one bears, and one moose, to match their pj's.

Fun, fun, making and reviving memories and traditions.

1 comment:

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Oh, Pat. I remember having moccasins like this years ago. Now I want a new pair! Once again, you've inspired me!
xoxo
Donna