"STITCHING MENDS MY SOUL"

Saturday, February 25, 2012

HAPPY DANCING!

It's been a super Saturday.  First I went to Stashbusters, a free event at my LQS.  Once a month they run this event where they present ways to quilt using up your stash.  Of course you end up buying new things while there, so it's win-win.  You get a 15% off coupon for everything not on sale that you buy that day, plus I won the door prize of $15.  Yippee! 

Also I ran into a gal who used to work at one of my favorite LQSs that closed last summer, and one of my on-line friends who used to stitch there on open Saturdays too.  We actually met on-line, but then realized how close together we live, so started meeting to stitch.

Then when I got home Sonoma Rose was in my mailbox!  This is Jennifer Chiaverini's latest historic novel.  I wasn't expecting it to get here until Monday.

Even the weather was gorgeous today -- mid-60's and sunny here in Central Florida.  I'm a happy camper!!!

2 comments:

Cyn said...

What an outstanding day! A win win win day! Congrats on your win at the LQS... if i decide to buy a lotto ticket, I'll be sure to shake your hand first! lol

Marianne said...

Wow, sounds like a wonderful day. I love to win stuff! I made some blocks with stash for a blue and white quilt while watching the snow pelt down. Then read a little in "Sonoma Rose." Am liking it so far.