"STITCHING MENDS MY SOUL"

Monday, May 10, 2010

DJSS GIFT ARRIVES & BOOKCASE UPDATE


My DJ Secret Sister was very good to me this month. She sent two bright FQs. I had to open them out so you could see all the colors. She also sent a spool of silk thread for applique, a tiny ruler (which will come in very handy making tiny blocks), and again, she made me another DJ block in beautiful green and white. This was all accompanied by a lovely letter. I am so curious who she is. Dec. reveal is a long ways off!

Update on my bookcase:
Thanks to so many of you for taking the time to help me. I replied to all I could. Some of you have your settings set so that I get a no-reply email when I try to answer your questions and thank you. It has to do with your account settings.

I posted my quandary here and on three Yahoo groups, the Friendship Swap, where the blocks originated, Stashbusters, where gals always help each other out, and Work In Producers, where there are some of the most talented quilters I know.

The majority suggestion is to border it attic window style. I've decided to try that, even though it meant I HAD to buy more fabric at my LQS. All your fault, LOL! But the other suggestions, including end it here, wood grain borders, tonal borders, and wall paper looking fabric borders, and others, were so intriguing. I think I'll have to make more of these quilts to try all the possible borders out!

My son, an attorney, and his wife, whom he met at law school, and their two little boys, are avid readers, and my head is spinning with ideas for books photos, etc., on their bookcase shelves. Maybe for Christmas. If I do that, I'll try another border technique on it.

Again, thanks so much for the help. Hope everyone finds some time to stitch today.

1 comment:

Cheryl Willis said...

don't you just love it when a quilt or pattern just takes over and you dream possibilities?
I have a daughter that is a Reader and I bet she would be thrilled if I suprised her with a bookcase quilt. I saw the one done using selvage and it "got me thinking". I have so many novelty prints I could do books for just about everyone. Thanks so much for sharing. cw