"STITCHING MENDS MY SOUL"

Thursday, January 14, 2010

IRISH PLAID


This afternoon I tried out this Irish Plaid block. It's paper pieced. I'm not sure if I have the patience to make an entire quilt of this block, but it would be stunning the way the plaid weaves together in a single block, let alone when you put blocks together. It's a free pattern on Quilter's Cache.
I've always been fascinated by all things Irish. After all, my name is Patricia, and I do have a smidgen of Irish in my heritage.

3 comments:

Cheryl Willis said...

looks great, I agree I would be 19 blocks short of a quilt top. One would do it for me. I am glad it is you doing it- I would be crying. cw

Wilma Lee said...

Very pretty!! Maybe just do one a month, lol. Eventually you will have a quilt top.

Angela said...

I love paper piecing! Your block turned out beautiful! It would look great in patriotic colors, too!