"STITCHING MENDS MY SOUL"

Monday, October 12, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY



No, it's not my birthday. That's in July. In fact it's Columbus Day here in the USA, and Thanksgiving in Canada.

However, yesterday I did finish a table runner made from my birthday blocks from a 08-09 birthday block swap, blocks I received in July '08, and posted two photos.

This is my Friendship Block Swap group which is an offshoot from the SBS group. We each chose a SBS block to make for all the others in the swap, and send it to them for their birthday. That way you could choose a block you were confident you could do a good job on. They are 6" blocks. The receiver selected the colors she wanted. I chose jewel tones of purple, blue, green, etc., and asked that the makers sign the blocks with birthday messages.

When making this runner, I arranged the blocks with the writing going from the center out, so no matter where you are sitting you can read the birthday messages.

It brings back warm memories of current and past members of our group. I plan to use this table runner for my birthday for many years!

4 comments:

carolyn berroeta said...

Really nice, Pat ! I hope to be back in the swaps soon. Carolyn

Angela said...

I love the shape you chose to make your table runner! And the blocks are all beautiful! A great way to show off your birthday wishes!

Marlene said...

What a great idea and the table runner looks great. Nice shape.

Micki said...

What a beautiful table runner, Pat. I made a wallhanging out of mine. Yours is just lovely!
Micki