"STITCHING MENDS MY SOUL"

Saturday, July 11, 2009

WOMEN OF THE BIBLE, RAHAB, JERICHO WALLS


Rahab is the subject of our study this week, in my on-line Women of the Bible class. Rahab followed the instructions of God's messengers, and didn't tell anyone of their plans, she placed a red chord in her window so her family's quarters could be identified, and she kept her family inside, as Jericho was attacked.

Her family was saved and went on to live with the Israelites. She became the wife of prince Judah, mother of Boaz, and one of David's grandmothers, placing her name in the genealogy of Jesus.

I used black and gray for the stone walls of Jericho, and the scarlet for the chord in Rahab's window. My block shows some wonkiness -- not intentional -- but it does remind me of the falling walls of Jericho.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Want to let you know that I like your header!

Angela said...

Beautiful, once again!

Micki said...

What a beautiful block and story!
Micki