"STITCHING MENDS MY SOUL"

Monday, June 29, 2009

WOMEN OF THE BIBLE, MIRIAM, FOLLOW THE LEADER BLOCK


Gosh, I hope her name which "her name may mean bitterness" doesn't. I like Miriam. What a devoted sister she was. She was brave and she had strong leadership qualities. Yes, she made a mistake. Who doesn't make mistakes?

Three siblings in leadership roles, Moses, Aaron, and Miriam, all working toward the same thing would, of course, have some struggle to it. God's strong action in punishing Miriam may have been the strong wake-up His people needed at the time to stick together and quit bickering.

As for dancing, men and women still dance in separation in the Middle East, or at least in conservative societies. The question about when you have danced for joy brought to mind my on-line quilting groups. How many times have we heard women say, "Doing the Snoopy Dance," when they have finally constructed that difficult block or finally completed a quilt top? To me it's a lot like "jumped for joy."

For my quilt block I used fabrics that convey dancing and following the leader -- some movement and some following.

1 comment:

Angela said...

You chose lovely fabrics! Thank you for sharing these blocks with us! I love hearing the stories!