"STITCHING MENDS MY SOUL"

Thursday, April 23, 2009

THE LOST QUILTER



I've had plenty of reading time while my arm heals. My favorite author's newest novel just came out this month. It is a page turner, and in my favorite genre, historic fiction.

This book is about Joanna, and what happened to her following her brief stay at Elm Creek, which at that time was a station on the Underground Railroad.

This novel is about the best and worst of human nature. It is a tribute to the human spirit, even in the bleakest of times in history.

I highly recommend it.

3 comments:

Deb said...

I am glad that you have found something that will make time go by and at least it has the quilting word in it.. hopeyou are healing nicely..

Sylvia said...

What a lovely blog! I've spent some time going thru it from beginning to end! If it is a sign of who you are, I'm so glad to get to know you!

Thank you again for the lovely gifties in my SS swap! lol And hope you're mending nicely... the shoulder that is! :-) sylvia

Micki said...

I will have to get that book..I haven't read it yet.
Micki